1. Which benefit does SSH offer over Telnet when remotely managing a router?
connection using six VTY lines
2. Which means of communication does an SNMP network agent use to provide a network management station with important but unsolicited information?
3. What is the term used to describe the area of a network which stores servers that are accessible to any users from the Internet?
4. Before a technician upgrades a server, it is necessary to back up all data. Which type of backup is necessary to ensure that all data is backed up?
5. A company wants to configure a firewall to monitor all channels of communication and allow only traffic that is part of a known connection. Which firewall configuration should be deployed?
*stateful packet inspection
stateless packet inspection
6. Which three protocols describe methods that can be used to secure user data for transmission across the internet? (Choose three.)
7. What network layer security protocol can secure any application layer protocol used for communication?
8. Which three items are normally included when a log message is generated by a syslog client and forwarded to a syslog server? (Choose three.)
*date and time of message
*ID of sending device
length of message
9. What AAA component assigns varying levels of rights to users of network resources?
10. A network administrator is assigning network permissions to new groups of users and employing the principle of least privilege. Which two actions should the administrator take? (Choose two.)
*Provide users with only the access to resources required to do their jobs.
*Provide the minimum level of permissions required for users to do their jobs.
Remove all permissions from the users and grant permissions as they are requested.
Allow users to decide how much permission they need to accomplish their job tasks.
Provide full access to the users and gradually remove privileges over time.
11. A hacker has gained access to sensitive network files. In analyzing the attack, it is found that the hacker gained access over a wireless segment of the network. It is further discovered that the only security measure in place on the wireless network is MAC Address Filtering. How is it likely that the hacker gained access to the network?
The hacker used a software tool to crack the shared hexadecimal wireless key.
*The hacker obtained the MAC address of a permitted host, and cloned it on his wireless laptop NIC.
The attacker mounted a denial of service attack to overwhelm the firewall before penetrating the wireless LAN.
The hacker gained wireless access to the MAC address database and added his own MAC address to the list of permitted addresses.
12. What is the advantage of using WPA to secure a wireless network?
It uses a 128-bit pre-shared hexadecimal key to prevent unauthorized wireless access.
*It uses an advanced encryption key that is never transmitted between host and access point.
It is supported on older wireless hardware, thus providing maximum compatibility with enterprise equipment.
It requires the MAC address of a network device that is requesting wireless access to be on a list of approved MAC addresses.
13. hat are two potential problems with using tape media to back up server data? (Choose two.)
Tape is not a cost-effective means of backing up data.
Data tapes are difficult to store offsite.
*Data tapes are prone to failure and must be replaced often.
*Tape drives require regular cleaning to maintain reliability.
Backup logs are not available with tape backup solutions.
14. Refer to the exhibit. While the user on router A is connected to router B through telnet, the CTRL-SHIFT-6 x keystroke is entered. What effect does this have?
It logs the user out of router A.
*It suspends the connection to router B.
It closes the connection to router B.
It logs the user out of both router A and router B.
15. What two measures help to verify that server backups have been successfully completed? (Choose two.)
*reviewing backup logs
*performing a trial restore
performing full backups only
replacing tape backup with hard disk-based backup
using an autoloader when backups require more than one tape
16. Which three applications can be used for in-band management? (Choose three.)
17. Which two characteristics of network traffic are being monitored if a network technician configures the company firewall to operate as a packet filter? (Choose two.)
frame sequence number
18. Which AAA service provides detailed reporting and monitoring of network user behavior, and also keeps a record of every access connection and device configuration change across the network?
19. While downloading an IOS image from a TFTP server, an administrator sees long strings of exclamation marks (!) output to the console. What does this mean?
*The transfer is working.
The TFTP server is not responding.
The IOS file is corrupt and is failing the checksum verification.
There is not enough space in flash to hold the image.
20. What does the command copy flash tftp accomplish?
*It copies the IOS in flash to a TFTP server.
It copies the startup-configuration file in flash to a TFTP server.
It copies the running-configuration file in flash to a TFTP server.
It copies the configuration register settings in flash to a TFTP server.